Thursday, February 9, 2012

Simple Fruit


Click Here to Bid

I'm so excited and motivated. I've started painting again. Feels so good. Here's my first painting in a long time. I hadn't painted in a while so I decided to keep the subject simple.  Just an apple and an orange on a flat background.

I hesitated in starting, but once I started applying the paint I was on a role. I kept it simple because I wanted to familiarize myself again with the paints, brushes, the subject, lighting, and with the choice of color and mixing them on the pallet.

The whole process went well, except for some glitches, like I couldn't get the tube of white paint open and I don't have pliers.  It was kinda funny, I finally muscled it. I did feel rusty but had good results. More to come.  I finished my 2nd painting, will post it soon. Looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

FCP said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see your awesome work again.